Saturday, June 15, 2013

Obsessive-Compulsive Blog - Does Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder Cause Migraines?


Believe it or not, OCD and migraines can have a connection!

Here's how it would work. You get anxiety about something which triggers your OCD. When we are anxious, our blood pressure goes up even while at rest. If we are susceptible to migraines which I am, the anxiety from OCD can trigger a migraine.

I have been down this road and I'll be the first to tell you that it's not fun at all, but there are some remedies that I used and they worked very well for me and I imagine that they'll be beneficial to help with your obsessive-compulsive disorder symptoms.

When I was diagnosed with migraines, my doctor gave me a prescription for a vasoconstrictor. Basically it causes the veins in the body to constrict which helps to reduce the spams that take place during a migraine.

I went to a chiropractor and I only let them use the machine on my neck, I don't let them crack my neck or back since my neurologist told me a 19 year old girl had a stroke because her chiropractor may have damaged a vein in her neck, so do your own research. However the machine that looks like a tuning fork that they use was beneficial in helping to get the bones aligned. The biggest cure for my migraines was the contour pillow you can buy in most stores. Over the course of a few weeks you can see almost miraculous results and you'll probably never need your dangerous migraine medicine again.

When I was diagnosed with Obsessive compulsive disorder, I was prescribed anti-depressant drugs and all this did was mask the symptoms of my anxiety, which was OCD symptoms. They, of course, didn't work. What worked was using the principles and order that I had discovered through my research.

So there is an indirect connection between migraines and OCD and if you treat both problems correctly, using simple answers that have nothing to do with drugs, you will be free of both!

Take action: Go to a chiropractor that uses a machine to adjust your bones, not the traditional way and see if they can correct any bones that arn't aligned.

Then go to your doctor and find out if there is any physical condition that is making you more susceptible to OCD. If not, use a really good OCD program that can walk you through the steps that it takes to become OCD free. Make sure to find one that you like, otherwise you won't do it and if you don't do it, you won't get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment